LOS ANGELES -- MEF today announced Andrew Dugan, CenturyLink's chief technology officer, has joined the MEF board of directors, where he joins other technology and service provider executives who are guiding the organization’s ambitious MEF 3.0 initiative to transform the communications industry.
CenturyLink recently named Dugan CTO; previously, he served as senior vice president of technology planning, network architecture and security at the company. Prior to joining CenturyLink, he was CTO, plus other roles at Level 3 Communications, which CenturyLink acquired. Dugan has more than 30 years experience in building communications networks and services platforms.
"We are thrilled to see Andrew quickly join the MEF Board of Directors so soon after accepting his new role at CenturyLink. The Board will be able to leverage his industry knowledge and expertise to gain a new perspective on how MEF 3.0 will impact the worldwide adoption of assured services across automated networks," said Nan Chen, MEF president. "We look forward to seeing the advancements that the vibrant MEF community will achieve in the coming year with the guidance and support of our world-class Board and leadership team."
Noted Dugan: "As a a global leader in SDN-enabled Ethernet devices and dynamic services, CenturyLink is strongly committed to working with MEF to enable next-generation network services that help businesses and their customers excel in the digital economy. I look forward to working with the Board to advance the MEF 3.0 framework."
The MEF Board of Directors is focused on expanding MEF's ecosystem of service providers, technology vendors and other companies committed to building a global ecosystem of MEF 3.0 automated networks to advance on-demand, cloud-centric services with user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF Board of Directors & Advisory Director includes:
- Nan Chen, CENX Advisor, Ericsson
- Frederick Chui, Senior Vice President, Global Data Sales and Presales, PCCW Global
- Andrew Dugan, Chief Technology Officer, CenturyLink
- Shawn Hakl, Senior Vice President Business Products, Verizon
- Kevin O’Toole, Senior Vice President, Product Management, Comcast Business
- Roman Pacewicz, Chief Product Officer, AT&T Business
- Ralph Santitoro, Head of SDN/NFV/SD-WAN Services, Fujitsu Network Communications
- Michael Strople, President Allstream, Managing Director – Canada, Zayo Group
- Mirko Voltolini, Global Head of Network on Demand, Colt Technology Services
- Rami Yaron, Senior Director SDN/NFV Solutions, NEC/Netcracker
- Jean-Claude Geha, SVP International Services & Technology Delivery, Deutsche Telekom AG; Chairman Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net (Advisory Director)
CenturyLink Inc. (NYSE: CTL)