The constant push for more efficient, faster broadband networks and the reality of automation and consolidation in the communications sector are colliding trends that show up all over the place in this year's most popular stories.
As you look through -- and click through -- these stories, you'll appreciate that fiber is not only important because it's a better option than DSL, but because it feeds the 5G services that we'll hopefully see in the next 12 to 18 months from the nation's largest carriers.
As telcos build tomorrow's low latency broadband networks, we'll make sure you get all the reporting and analysis about each fiber access decision along the way right here on BBWN.
As we begin 2019, please take one last look back at the year that was and enjoy this list of Broadband World News' most popular news stories and blogs, written by the BBWN staff and key contributors.
- Verizon, Calix Deploy Commercial NG-PON2
- CenturyLink's New Year's Resolution: Exploration & Investment
- Verizon Fios Slows Growth Pace
- ADTRAN Upbeat as Q1 Results Reflect Stalled Spending
- Network Slicing: It Ain't Just for 5G
- 400G-ZR Standard Revs Up Optical Network Speeds
- NG-PON2 Powers Converged Networks
- AT&T Doubles Down on Fiber Diet
- How to Improve Customer Experience in the Digital Age
- Gfast Starts 2018 With a Bang
- BT's Openreach Hits Brakes on Gfast Rollout
- Charter Races to Wrap Up DOCSIS 3.1
- Sprint CTO: On Fiber, 5G & the Future
- Charter Going Gig-Happy in 2018
- To NG-PON2 or XGS-PON, That Is the Question
- Will Operators Buy vBNG Software From Router or Broadband Manufacturers?
- Altice Backs NG-PON2 to Enable 5G
- Liberty Global Holds Back on DOCSIS 3.1
- Altice USA Revs Up for Broadband Battle
- Verizon One Fiber: Not Rocket Science, but Smart
Thanks for your continued support of Broadband World News. We look forward to hearing your stories and announcements about this year's accomplishments in the weeks and months ahead.
— Phil Harvey, US News Editor, Light Reading