More Industry Announcements
- Former Nextlink CEO Named Next Fiber Broadband Association Top Exec
8 hours and 20 minutes ago
- ADTRAN's Global Design Centers Certified Secure
Thursday, June 14, 2018
- 67% of Worldwide Consumers Streamed Live Video – Report
Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Teamly Taps MaxLinear's Fiber Coax Micronode for Multi-Gig Broadband
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- VIAVI Launches Small Handheld Tester for Next-Gen Mobile & Cable Networks
Monday, June 11, 2018
- New ASSIA TruSpeed Module Gives Providers Visibility Across Entire Network
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Orange Aces French Open with Fiber & Digital Tech
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
11:00 a.m. New York / 4:00 p.m. London
We will explore several fiber network environments, common vulnerabilities, and the business impact of failures. Fiber networks are typically a combination of owned and leased fiber. Learn how to reduce MTTR by up to 60% when an event occurs and how to detect degradation before it generates a service impact. Fiber monitoring of leased fiber helps ensure that the responsible party is dispatched for repair and SLAs can be managed. We will discuss both in service and out of service monitoring. Learn about the opportunities to improve business results in the following environments:
- Hyperscale datacenters- the business need for near 100% uptime
- 5G small cell combined with leased fiber - ensuring the SLA for leased fiber
- Long haul and Metro dark and lit fiber monitoring - reducing MTTR and preventing damage
- FTTX construction and service activation in the access or MSO network - accelerating time to revenue
- Security- preventing fiber tapping and data theft
ZTE discusses the future of broadband networks and how we can be better prepared for the challenges they will bring.
What are the hot talking points in the fixed broadband sector right now? Gigabit over copper as well as fiber, software-defined access and more, ...
Light Reading's pro-European, Berlin-lovin' editors Ray Le Maistre and Iain Morris discuss some of the hot topics from BBWF 2017, including Gfast ...
The UBB2020 community has had a great first four months thanks to a market that's on the up!
Per-Olof Gustafsson, Deputy CEO at AB Stokab, the wholesale fiber access network operator in the city of Stockholm, talks about the business case ...
This new video will inspire companies to reimagine their business for success in a world where connectivity is more than a commodity.