This is the final call for proposals to present at the Broadband Forum BASE Workshop scheduled for Oct 28th – Las Vegas. The workshop overlaps with Calix Connexions which is being held at an adjacent hotel.
This event will focus on innovation in the broadband ecosystem:
- High-speed access technologies (copper, coax and fiber, components and new standards)
- Cloud services including CloudCo, NFV/SDN and network sharing
- Connected Home including Internet of Things, Wi-Fi performance and the new User Services Platform
- 5G including wireless/wireline convergence, transport and network slicing.
In addition to the above we plan to add a best practices and application/use cases segment to the agenda. The goal is to provide attendees with a new perspective on what is being made available for broadband providers and users alike, delivered by industry leaders, many of whom are active participants in the Forum’s work.
Following is an outline of the workshop:
- Worldwide market overview
- Lead analysts from market research companies provide their perspectives on converged broadband networks.
- Technology vision: support for ultrafast broadband
- Component and system vendors and operators share their visions of the current and future ultrafast broadband networks and services
- Best practices and use cases
- System vendors will present individual innovation and solution capabilities of a converged access network the support software-defined (SDN) access architectures, cloud-based services, connected home and 5G.
- Strategic operator view
- Provider strategic view and new business requirements
- Leading operators deliver their approaches to choosing specific technologies to support their services for home and access network architectures. They also will address integration challenges and future applications.
Join the dais
We are accepting speaker proposals in all segments -- section "Strategic Operator view" will feature operator candidates only. The other sections need proposals for presentations from manufacturers.
The workshops are Broadband Forum events and should follow an educational format and avoid product pitches, such as specific product information, prices, market position, etc. Proposals should highlight use cases, technology solutions, technology trends, best practices and contributions in standards' development.
Please submit proposals by no later than Monday, July 16th to Rhonda Heier at [email protected]. Please include your presentation title, abstract of two to three sentences, name, title and company or industry association.
To learn more please visit the BASE home page.
Calix Inc. (NYSE: CALX)