PLP expands product line to support rapid fiber growth
CLEVELAND – PLP announced today that it is further expanding its industry-leading COYOTE fiber optic product line and its extensive offering of FIBERLIGN ADSS hardware solutions. The company will display these new fiber network solutions on June 13 and 14 at the 2022 Fiber Connect convention in Nashville, Tennessee.
PLP's new fiber connectivity and ADSS cable solutions are detailed below:
New Fiber Connectivity Solutions
- COYOTE PedBox is an outdoor-rated distribution splice box specifically designed for pedestal applications. Its hinged splice platform can be removed to allow access to slack storage or to work in a location away from the pedestal.
- COYOTE Universal Organizers for the COYOTE ONE and 6.5" Dome closures reduce complexity for distributors and end users, offering a more flexible design that accepts a wider variety of cable types and splice trays. This will also allow for greater production throughput.
- COYOTE MPC3 & MPC6 are extensions of PLP's current COYOTE MPC offering, now accommodating express applications with some identical and near-identical features of the well-known COYOTE Dome closures: identical splice trays and cable restraint hardware and similar silicone grommets.
- COYOTE DEN is an indoor/outdoor-rated splice box for MDU applications. It is available in three sizes, accommodating up to 144-count splice applications or up to 48 SC / 96 LC splice and patch applications. The COYOTE DEN-144 also incorporates PLP's first design for a fiber cassette.
New ADSS Cable System Hardware Solutions
- FIBERLIGN Multi-Drop Brackets (Side and Direct Mount) allow for expanded architecture configurations by providing one innovative multi-drop attachment point for connecting multiple drop cables across a variety of turning angles. Each bracket effectively minimizes pole space, reducing attachment costs at the pole.
- FIBERLIGN Flat Multi-Drop Solutions include both a FIBERLIGN Multi-Drop Downlead Cushion and a FIBERLIGN Lite Support with Multi-Drop Insert, creating a streamlined solution for managing up to six flat drop cables while expanding flat drop deployment capabilities and minimizing hardware at downlead and tangent support locations.
- SLACKLOOP Compact Vertical Cable Storage is a more cost-effective solution when a large vertical bracket is not required due to smaller counts or fewer overall cables. It maintains a 30" diameter slack loop, and its universal mount accommodates the COYOTE ONE, DTC 6/8, and 6.5" COYOTE Domes.
- FIBERLIGN Aluminum Support (New Design) now uses color-coded inserts for easier product identification, and the additional mounting hole provides an easy-to-use attachment location for stringing blocks at turning angles that exceed the stringing limit of the support housing.
- SLACKLOOP 18" Plastic Cable Storage System is a product offering enhancement to PLP's already expansive line of SLACKLOOP cable storage systems. The 18" SLACKLOOP stores cables up to 0.9" in diameter, allowing it to accommodate today's larger dual-jacketed cable sizes and is a more cost-effective solution than aluminum cable storage brackets.
PLP's new connectivity and hardware solutions will be on display at Fiber Connect (Booth 925).
Read the full press release here.
Preformed Line Products