OTTC differentiates on security and drives 25% annual growth with Calix Customer Success Services, ProtectIQ and, soon, Arlo Secure
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX) today announced Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Companies (OTTC) achieved 25 percent annual revenue growth by leading with security services in Calix Revenue EDGE Suites (EDGE Suites) and support from Calix Premier Customer Success Services (Customer Success). To expand into competitive fiber markets near Rochester and Buffalo, the 100-year-old broadband service provider (BSP) had to deliver differentiated value to these communities. Many OTTC subscribers live seasonally in second homes, resulting in cancellations during the winter. This means fast Wi-Fi is not enough to ensure subscriber growth and brand loyalty. To differentiate, OTTC engaged Calix's award-winning Customer Success team to formulate a winning strategy centered on security services. Using the turnkey services—ProtectIQ® and ExperienceIQ®—in EDGE Suites, OTTC rolled out home network security and advanced parental controls to all subscribers in November 2021. The complete Calix Revenue EDGE platform—including the GigaSpire® BLAST systems, Calix Cloud, and the customizable CommandIQ® mobile app—enabled OTTC to easily bring these new security services to market in a matter of weeks and continue to grow its subscriber base. Thanks to these investments, OTTC leads its market with an enhanced value proposition and successfully differentiates its fiber broadband experience from any other.
In May, OTTC used ProtectIQ to block more than 5,000 threats from entering subscriber networks, a 40 percent increase in blocked threats compared to the month before. This trend mirrors global concern over increasing digital threats and reinforces OTTC's decision to provide home network cybersecurity for every subscriber. Later this summer, OTTC will continue to illustrate differentiated value with Arlo Secure. This fully managed connected camera solution in EDGE Suites gives subscribers peace of mind and more control over their home security while away. OTTC continues to elevate the subscriber experience and drive a successful expansion to increase revenue year-round by:
- Showcasing value to 98 percent more subscribers through OTTC's custom app. With support from the Calix EDGE Enablement Program, OTTC and Customer Success collaborated to drive 98 percent more subscribers to the OTTC Smart Home app since last year. Now OTTC has a direct channel of communication with its subscribers to introduce new critical security services on top of their managed Wi-Fi offerings. Subscribers on the app have more control over their network, including regular reports on web threats, intrusions, malware, and viruses blocked from entering their home networks.
- Introducing new security services that give subscribers more control. By rolling out managed home security solution Arlo Secure later this summer, OTTC will enable subscribers to watch over their seasonal properties from anywhere. Customer Success held practice sessions onsite with OTTC installation technicians in preparation for the launch. By bringing added property protection—easily monitored from the OTTC Smart Home app—it is meeting subscriber needs and keeping communities safer while increasing year-round revenue.
- Leveraging analytics and sticky marketing materials to address unique subscriber needs. By leveraging Calix Marketing Cloud data and insights, OTTC easily identifies which subscribers are most likely to benefit from Arlo Secure and helps drive more subscribers to the OTTC Smart Home app to access new services. Then the provider can go to market with customizable materials from the Electronic Content Builder (ECB), part of the Calix Market Activation Program. These materials perfectly position the new security service offerings, communicating OTTC's growing value and evolving the subscriber experience.
As the first provider to bring fiber broadband internet to its New York communities, OTTC continues a 100-year legacy by bringing the managed security services its growing subscriber base needs.
Read the full press release here.
Here's where you can find episode links for 'The Divide,' Light Reading's podcast series featuring conversations with broadband providers and policymakers working to close the digital divide.
As we have for the past two years, Light Reading will present our Cable Next-Gen Europe conference as a free digital symposium on June 21.
Charter has sparked RDOF work in all 24 states where it won bids. The cable op booked about $19 million in RDOF revenues in Q1, and expects to have about $9 million per month come in over the next ten years.
As we have for the past two years, Light Reading will stage the Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies conference as a free digital event over two half-days in mid-March.
Launch of 2-Gig and 5-Gig FTTP tiers in 70-plus markets puts more pressure on cable ops to enhance their existing DOCSIS 3.1 network or accelerate their upgrade activity centered on the new DOCSIS 4.0 specs.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
1:00 p.m. New York / 6:00 p.m. London
When your broadband business adds new services and connected devices, do they also add complexity, slowing customer support teams as they navigate multiple data sources to uncover connectivity issues?
We’ve worked with hundreds of support teams to help them implement a subscriber experience management platform that gives greater visibility into subscriber issues. They can proactively troubleshoot amid complexity—improving the subscriber experience and raising customer satisfaction ratings like Net Promoter Scores.
Join this webinar with experts from Calix and global research leader Omdia who will share exclusive research about how you can:
- Simplify management of numerous data sources with end-to-end visibility
- Clear 90 percent of trouble calls in 24 hours and boost NPS +71 using predictive analytics, real-time insights and customer success practices
- Avoid common bottlenecks when upgrading to proactive support to ease disruptions to subscribers during implementation